Location: Wingfield Academy
Salary: MPS (£28,000 - £38,810, Dependent on Experience). Please note that any successful applicants without QTS may be paid on the Unqualified Pay Scale (£19,340 – £30,172). A recruitment and retention allowance may be offered to an outstanding candidate.
Contract Type: Full Time, Term Time Only, We welcome all applications – both full and part time will be considered. Please state your preference clearly in your application
Contract Term: Permanent
Closing Date: Sunday 3rd December
Come and work in a school where students and staff matter. Our care, candour and collaborative practices ensure year on year success!
Using your expertise in Construction, you will plan, prepare and deliver engaging lessons in areas such as bricklaying, tiling, plastering, painting, and decorating and take charge of cultivating the landscaping and grounds within our Horticulture Centre, fostering a love for nature and practical skills in horticulture.
Whether you’re a qualified or unqualified teacher, if you have successful teaching or teaching practice experience within Construction and the ability to teach up to GCSE level, we want to hear from you.
- Job Share Flexibility: As this is a substantial post of teaching construction with horticultural elements, we are open to discussions around this being a job share, tailored to your expertise, whether your strength lies in horticulture or construction.
- Full and Part-Time Consideration: Embrace work-life balance with both full-time and part-time positions considered. Please specify your preference in your application.
Wingfield Academy has become an oversubscribed and high performing secondary school, placing it as one of the highest performing schools in Rotherham and in the top 7% nationally for progress. Wingfield has also been named a national lead school as part of the DFE’s behaviour hub programme. The Academy is looking to expand and develop further, attracting the best people to work alongside our dedicated and ambitious staff who go the extra mile to make a quantifiable and powerful contribution to social mobility. We focus on the things that matter.
Wingfield Academy offers a ‘child centred, progress focused’ academy ethos, we have a cohort of students with high standards of behaviour and a willingness to learn. We have a welcoming and supportive community where staff really do matter. Wingfield offers a supportive and committed leadership team with a clear vision of raising standards of teaching, learning and positive behaviour.
New Collaborative Learning Trust (NCLT) has a dynamic, positive and supportive culture for staff and students, with an enviable reputation for staff career progression and development. You will join a focused and driven team, committed to providing the highest standards of education and service.
The Trust currently comprises of three 16-19 Colleges, one Secondary School and three Primary Schools.
Why Work for Us?
- NCLT was crowned ‘Employer of the Year’ at the 2023 MAT Excellence Awards – these national awards celebrate the very best performers from over one thousand MATs across the country
- A strong commitment to staff wellbeing as outlined in our staff wellbeing charter
- Access to high quality professional training, both in-house and externally, to support your professional development
- Attractive pension scheme
- Additional benefits such as a cycle to work scheme and a technology scheme
- A culture of self-reflection and improvement to meet the needs of our staff
If you believe you have the skills and abilities to take on this role, we’d love to hear from you.
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com