Wingfield Academy Dashboard update
Grade 1 and 2 subjects will require no performance interventions at Trust level. However, HoS and senior links of ‘grade 2’ subjects should explore the menu of support below to determine if any of the options may have impact to improve subjects from good to outstanding.
Grade 3 subjects will need to have a subject performance plan in place, which must include a selection of the below improvement options. The HoS and subject senior link will be responsible for the implementation and impact of the subject performance plan.
Grade 3 subject support interventions may include:
- Instructional coaching
- Teacher 121s with TfL lead
- Paired observations
- Joint Practice Development
- Mentoring / buddying for staff
- Subject Trust visit (day spent in one of the colleges where the identified subject has better outcomes, facilitated by the relevant Trust Collaboration Lead)
- Use of Trust assessments at all assessment points
- Compulsory internal CPD
- External CPD
- Use of Magpie Day
- Formal marking moderation – reviewed by HoS at each assessment point, can be as part of the SCM process
- Staff added to ‘watch list’
- Increased student voice activities
- Increased frequency of senior link support – more frequent meetings
Grade 4 subjects will have in place a Trust subject improvement plan which will be devised collaboratively by the college Principal, subject senior link and Trust Directors. A Trust subject improvement plan is likely to include a number of the above Grade 3 options, in addition to the Grade 4 interventions below. The implementation and impact of the Trust subject improvement plan will be reported regularly to the Trust CEO.
Grade 4 performance interventions may include:
- Trust subject audit – conducted by the most relevant SLT member/s in the Trust that are not based at the college of the Grade 4 subject. Trust directors will coordinate. Trust subject audits will include quality and standards checks via learning walks, student voice, HoS interviews, staff interviews, intervention checks. A findings and recommendations report will be produced and shared with the HoS, senior link and Principal.
- Trust Director QA of SCMs – Trust Director attends SCM to check quality and standards
- Trust Director half termly catch up with relevant senior link – extra layer of accountability
- Trust Director assigned to the subject to provide extra support and accountability
- Trust Director attends HoS and Senior Link meeting to QA and feedback
- Compulsory use of Trust assessments at all assessment points and compulsory Trust moderation at all assessment points
- Informal and formal capabilities
It will be the role of the Trust Directors to ensure subject improvement plans are being implemented consistently across the Trust.