Location: New College Bradford
Salary: Band E, points 6-9, of the Support Staff Spine, £21,371 – £22,974
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
Closing Date: Thursday 21st September
Interview Date: Monday 25th September
An Exciting Opportunity to Join a Dynamic New Team!
We are currently seeking an IT Helpdesk Technician to work as part of our IT Support Team to provide first line support to staff and students, either face to face or over the phone. You will work under the direction of the Trust IT Manager where your responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to:
- Monitoring and maintaining support calls, prioritising support tickets, problem solving, troubleshooting hardware/software issues and delegating support issues to other members of the team where appropriate.
- Supporting Microsoft Technologies such as, Windows 10 and Office 365, as well as Mobile Device Support.
- Complete daily proactive checks of the IT infrastructure systems.
- Dealing with day-to-day administrative tasks such as password changes and printer credits.
- Support pupils and all members of the Trust community in their use of ICT.
- Maintain up to date inventories of hardware and software, security marking and labelling of equipment.
Excellent communication and problem-solving skills are essential to this role, as is a customer service approach to your work. Experience in the support and management of desktops, laptops and printers is required and an awareness of current network issues, virus alerts and security issues would be advantageous although full training will be provided. You will also be willing to undertake further training relevant to the role as required.
New College Bradford is a 16-19 free school which opened in September 2019, with approximately 1400 students. We believe that students at New College Bradford should enjoy high-quality teaching and learning underpinned by a culture of high expectations, challenge and support which enables our students to secure high-quality qualifications to support them into employment, training and higher education.
Working in a new campus which is being extended in 2023, you will join a focused and driven team at the cutting-edge of teaching and learning, with an unwavering desire to make a real difference in improving the life chances of the young people of Bradford. New College Bradford primarily delivers A Levels, alongside a number of Level 3 Applied General qualifications.
New Collaborative Learning Trust (NCLT) has a dynamic, positive and supportive culture for staff and students, with an enviable reputation for staff career progression and development. You will join a focused and driven team, committed to providing the highest standards of education and service.
The Trust currently comprises of three 16-19 Colleges, one Secondary school and three Primary Schools.
Why Work for Us?
- NCLT was crowned ‘Employer of the Year’ at the 2023 MAT Excellence Awards – these national awards celebrate the very best performers from over one thousand MATs across the country
- A strong commitment to staff wellbeing as outlined in our staff wellbeing charter
- Access to high quality professional training, both in-house and externally, to support your professional development
- Attractive pension scheme
- Additional benefits such as a cycle to work scheme and a technology scheme
- A culture of self-reflection and improvement to meet the needs of our staff
If you believe that you have the skills and abilities to take on this role, we’d love to hear from you.
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org