Teacher of Design Technology (with a potential interest Construction)
Salary: MPS – UPS
Contract Type: Full time
Contract Term: Permanent
Contract Start: April 2021
Closing Date: 12 noon Monday 8th February 2021
Applications should be submitted to
An exciting opportunity to join a team who teach, model, and encourage a love of learning, collaboration, and compassion for others.
We are seeking to appoint a talented, enthusiastic and passionate Teacher of Design Technology (with a potential interest Construction). The successful candidate will demonstrate personal skills and qualities that align to an already established positive, hardworking and committed team. They will be fully committed to the academy’s ethos and vision and be prepared to continue their professional development to ensure they become an outstanding practitioner, willing to go the extra mile. With a demonstrable record of good or outstanding results, they will have a commitment to raising aspirations and achievement and supporting the wider academy community. If you are currently undertaking initial teacher training you will have demonstrated outstanding potential and aptitude for secondary school teaching.
In return we can offer:
• A ‘child centred, progress focused’ academy ethos.
• A cohort of students with high standards of behaviour and a willingness to learn.
• A welcoming and supportive community, where staff really do matter.
• Access to an outstanding programme of continued professional development focusing upon the enhancement of teaching pedagogy.
• An academy with a well-established culture of hard work and high expectations.
• Opportunities to develop the skills and qualities to progress your leadership career.
• A supportive loyal and committed Leadership Team with a clear vision of raising standards of teaching and learning and positive behaviour.
Wingfield Academy, has become a high performing secondary school, having delivered its third consecutive year of remarkable examination results, placing it once again as the second highest performing school in Rotherham and in the top 7% nationally for progress. The academy is growing in popularity following its success and is looking to expand and develop, attracting the best people to work alongside our dedicated and ambitious staff who go the extra mile to make a quantifiable and powerful contribution to social mobility. We focus on the things that matter.
Wingfield Academy sits within the New Collaborative Learning Trust, a multi-academy trust established by New College Pontefract (an Ofsted outstanding provider). The Trust work closely together, presenting exciting opportunities for collaboration, support, development and progression.
If you believe that you have the skills and abilities to take on this role, we’d love to hear from you. Further information about the role and visits to the academy are warmly welcomed. Please contact WFA-human.resources@NCLT.ac.uk or call 01709 513002.